HISTORY OF BODEGAS CORELLANAS
- In 1900 Mr. Julián Hernández Malumbres first established the headquarters of Bodegas Corellanas in Fitero street in Corella city. They started there the making of different generous wines, as a main activity an after a lot of success and growing of sales mostly in the provinces of Navarra, Logroño, Soria and Guadalajara, the headquarters were smaller to attend to all this demand.
- In 1920 the wine cellar made an extension and also joined the company Mr. Victor Mateo Malumbres. The sales began to grow to other markets and they increased the offer of productions. They bought more vineyards and in 1925 they made the first red wine with the variety Garnacha.
In 1930 they started to grow muscat of small grape making sweet wine of muscatel that was a big success. All of this caused that rancio wines, so popular at this period of time, began to be replaced slowly for natural muscatel of small grape.
In 1940 Mr. Julio Asiain became the new manager of the wine cellar. He promoted the sales of muscatel and expanded the marketing of red, rosé and white wines under the registered trademark of Viña Rubicán. He also increased the sales of muscatel with the trademark Sarasate, the name of the famous violinist and composer from Navarra.
In 1969 they opened the new headquarters of the wine cellar in Santa Barbara street number 29 in Corella city, with the modern equipment of this moment.
In 1981 the brothers Mr. Gustavo and Jorge A. Johansson bought the wine cellar. They started some projects in different stages and they rebuilt the plant with high technology. They bought country state and installed espaliers in all vineyards that they could.
In 2015 Mr. Jorge A. Johansson, representing Hans Inversiones SL group as a president, bought the wine cellar. He built a new plant to treat grapes from the last plantation of Chardonnay and Cabernet-Sauvignon, always keeping as possible the natural and artisan way of making that gave all the prizes and good name to the wine cellar after more than one century of work developed in four of the five continents and hoping to achieve in this new and interesting stage, with the tenacity and effort that is our nature, new markets today in part unknown for us.